Thursday, November 15, 2007

jon's xmas mittens

I'm pleased to be finished with my brother's christmas mittens. This picture was taken before blocking, and they expanded a little bit after the wash. Details are as follows:
pattern: Pirate Mittens by Adrian Bizilla
yarn: Knit Picks' Merino Style in coal and vanilla
needles: US 2 for cuff, US 5 for the rest
mods: larger yarn and needle size, to fit my brother's massive "crushers;" knitted his name on the right one instead of the year.

I really like this pattern! I've already started on version 2.0 of the hat, to make a matching set. I'm also still working on socks for my mom... well, not working very diligently. This is not going to be a joyful project, no matter what I do. I've also decided to make a zeebee for my stepdad much like the one for my dad, in a different stashed colorway of the same yarn. My sister will probably get a center square hat in Valley Yarns' Berkshire. I love that yarn, such a great value! I was happy to find some Laines du Nord Baby Star in a subdued navy to make a Henry scarf for my husband. This will definitely be the ambitious project of the season.

Finally, I would like to brag a little bit with a picture of my newest cousin in his BSJ. How cute!

2 comments:

Pam said...

What a cutie pie baby!

eudyptula said...

aw, thanks! we love him!